Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sandy's Week 2 Project

Here is my buddie's submission for week two.  She had a birthday this weekend so had a little delay in getting started.  None the less, I think she did great, especially since she spent so little money.  Yea!


Project Runway week #2  
We started on monday & I gave myself a $25 budget of pet supplies.  I bought 4 cat play cubes & a leash.  Total spending $24!  I ended up not using the leash or one of the cubes - so once I return them, I'm at $12 for a dress that can never be worn.  The cat play cubes are made of a non-woven meltable & rip-able material that is similar to non-fusable interfacing.  Even with the iron set at the lowest temp, I had a few meltings. 


So - once I ripped the cubes apart, I had a lot of brown binding, several wire circles (that when twisted into shape, caused the play cube to "pop up"), & small piles of red, green, and purple "material".  I chose a small backless dress before we even went to the store because I really didn't want to spend very much for this non-wearable project.


With soccer practices in full force, finding 8 hours to sew was probably the biggest challenge.  I created a striped pattern that helped make the ugly colors actually work together.  I used the brown binding as an accent & sewed strips together to create extra fabric!  I even used one of the wire circles at the hem!

When ripping apart the cubes, we found the following warning label:
Do not allow children to play with or near this item.  This is not a toy for children.  If product becomes damaged, please discard immediately.  This product is designed for a specific and intended use.  Do not use this product for anything other than it's indended use.  For pet use only.

I'm thinking of sending a picture of the finished dress with the warning label to the manufacturer!


Her Pictures:
Sandy's starting items.



Her after:
r:


No comments:

Post a Comment