Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Friends and Fun

Twenty seven years ago, as a resident advisor at Wigen Hall for the Universtity of Wisconsin-Stout, I met one of my best friends.  She was a freshman on my floor, and in my major.  That was about all we had in common...at first.  I am not sure what Sandy thought of me at first, I was a little to excited about being an RA.  Having grown up with only one sibling (a brother 6 years younger than me, who as awesome as he is now, was simply a typical annoying younger brother at the time) I was looking forward to having 28 younger sisters.  Well, as these things work out, my "Pollyanna" dreams didn't quite work out that way, but I did make a few great friends, but the Sandy was the one friend I have always felt was my "soul sister."

Besides having the same major, Sandy and I shared the same silly sense of humor, a wild craving for "goof-tivity" which at times bordered on delinquency (the minnow h'orderve incident which lead to the upside down minnow incident are two good examples), a love for all things fabric related, and just enjoyed each other.  She is to this day one of my best friends.  Living on two different side of the Mississippi, and going years without seeing each other has never weaken our love for one and other.  She is the sister I never had.

Having said that I had to call her up and tell her what I was doing, this blog, and see if she thought I was crazy or brilliant.  She liked it and said she planned on joining in next week.  Well, foiled afternoon plans inspired her and her daughter to do last weeks challenge.  Below is their creation.

The jammies:  (sorry pics are small not really sure why)

After:

Cute!

I welcome any other people's Project Runway samples.  Just post in the comment section.  Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment