Monday, August 29, 2011

Ohh the horror!

I am on the lam...After finding a rotten misguided cat defiled my Nina Garcia outfit (about 2 hours from completion) and I chucked it out the door to the garbage.  (The garment, not the cat.) I have surrendered.  Fate does not want me to complete it.  After surmounting the ever increasing needy-ness of my family last week, the sustained Hades like temperatures of 116 Fahrenheit, and a general lazy feeling I was almost done!  Then over night, foiled by a cat.  Damn cat....

One or two of you complained that you didn't see my Nina garment any where.  That is why you haven't seen it.  If I feel like it, I may pick it up and start over.  It was a brilliant idea. I had planned to make a two piece suit/dress  The top was sleeveless with an asymmetrical neck line.  The fun part was I was using three different fabrics to create panels that created some interest and traveled into a peplum at the waist.   I used the three fabrics on a tailored pencil skirt having the panels meet up to match the placement on the peplum.  Here is a picture of my sketch, and the top about half done.

Front Sketch

Front Bodice BCP (before cat pee)

Sketch of Back

Back Bodice BCP


So, I feel like I was on to another brilliant submission.  Like I said I may pick it up and start over again. or maybe not.

On the bright side my friend Sandy completed her out fit and sent me her right up.  Her she is:


Seriously?!  Nina Garcia?!  No colors?  No patterns?  No cowls?  Fitted?  Wear to Work & Industry event?  My model threw her hands in the air & said "I'm out"!  So, I was in it alone this week.  


I really wanted to work with leather, but my budget did not allow it.  So pleather it is!  I found some black pleather on JoAnn's clearance table. (I was hoping for maybe a dark blue, green, or purple - so I would have a little color on the runway.  But, alas, JoAnn's is not Mood.)  Then I found an oversized plaid on the clearance table.  I bought all of the plaid & a couple yards of the pleather & went home to see what "Nina Inspriration" would hit me.


I decided a dress / jacket combo for work & then she could take the jacket off for the after hours event.  I chose very wisely from my accessory wall (just as Tim advised me to do!).  Here's what I have this week:


  


No comments:

Post a Comment